Each year this Chapter awards competitive scholarships for college-level studies leading to majors in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). Objectives of the Scholarship Program are to:
- Assist in the education of students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) programs, who are likely to pursue careers in electronic defense and related professions.
- Support AOC objectives by encouraging students to enter the science and engineering fields.
- Create greater awareness in the educational sector for electronic defense.
- Promote AOC Whidbey Roost member interest in the chapter activities through fund raising and administration of the chapter Scholarship Program.
- Promote academic excellence and provide incentive for higher education to students in financial need.
High-school seniors graduating from the following local high schools are invited to submit applications:
Anacortes High SchoolCoupeville High SchoolOak Harbor High SchoolSELECTIONS FOR THE 2019 GRADUATING CLASS HAVE BEEN FORWARDED TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS FOR REVIEW AND APPROVAL.APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2020 GRADUATING CLASS WILL BE POSTED NEXT YEAR.